A father left 17 camels to his three sons and, according to the will, the eldest son should be given a half of all camels, the middle son the one-third part and the youngest son the one-ninth.
All three sons spent several days thinking of ways to divide the camels as mentioned in the will, but none could find the answer. They finally took the issue to the wise man in their village. The wise man heard the problem and instantly found a solution. He asked them to bring all the 17 camels to him.
The wise man added a camel owned by him and made the total number of camels 18. As per the will, the eldest son got half the camels, 9 camels as his share. The second son got 1 / 3 i.e. 6 camels and the third son got 1 / 9th i.e. 2 camels.
Now, the one camel added by the wise man was taken back.
NLP is this eighteenth camel. It could be that it is brought by wise man, solves a problem quickly and disappears as if it was never there.
1.Everyone has a unique model of the world.
2.Respect your client’s model of the world.
3. Behind every behaviour is a positive intention.
4. People are not their behaviours.
5. People always make the best choices available to them.
6. The meaning of the behaviour is dependent on the context it is exhibited in.
7. All behaviours have positive intention.
8.The most important thing about a person is person’s behaviour.
9. Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources available to them.
10. There are no un-resourceful people only un-resourceful states.
11. The person with the most flexibility in their behaviours will have greater influence over others.
12. Everyone is in charge of their mind and therefore their results.
13. Resistance in a client is a lack of rapport.
14. The meaning of the communication is the response you get.
15. People work perfectly to produce the results they are getting.
16. Every behaviour is useful in some context.
17. All procedures should be designed to create choice and promote wholeness.
18. If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
19. People already have all the resources they need to achieve their desired outcomes.
20. There is no such thing as failure, only feedback.
21. The quality of our lives is determined by the quality of our communications.
22.Positive change always comes from adding resources.
23. Experience has a structure.
24. People are map makers
25. People’s maps are made of pictures, sounds, feelings, smells, and tastes (symbolized V,A,K,O,G).
26. People respond to their maps of reality, not to reality.
27. The map is not the territory.
28. If you change your map you’ll change your emotional state.
29. Choice is better than no choice.
30. The most flexible element in any system can control that system.
31. The mind and body are parts of the same system and affect each other.
32. If what you are doing isn’t working, do something else